We’re looking for a passionate and proactive Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our fast-growing, early-stage tech startup.
In this role, you will be responsible for reaching out to Mid-Market and Enterprise brands around the world to educate them and sell them on the power of Duel - a Brand Advocacy Platform. Through initial discovery and introduction calls, you’ll be introducing them to the Duel technology and strategy offerings - helping them to find opportunities to grow through Brand Advocacy.
You’ll be looking to leverage your previous cold calling and lead generation experience in a new and exciting position, eager to get stuck in and spread the word about what we do at Duel.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
Your role will be to identify and nurture prospective clients, through discovery/introduction calls to educate them on the power of Duel. Your goal will be to generate leads for our Brand Advocacy Consultants to close.
- Lead Generation
- Sourcing and building a network of marketing professionals at brands through email, LinkedIn and other channels
- Networking, opening doors and developing relationships with potential contacts
- Creating Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) to pass on to our Brand Advocacy Consultants
- Discovery Calls
- Holding discovery calls with brands to help educate them on the various Duel offerings, as well as working out the best course of action for the support we can offer
- Through training, you will use your detailed understanding of the Duel product and how it works, and be able to use critical thinking skills to align a brand’s specific need with the power of Duel
- Using our CRM (HubSpot) to track all your conversations so you never lose sight of the brands in our community
- Market and Industry
- Having a passion for the brand and retail industry: how it works, who fits in it and how to navigate it
- Personable, empathetic and genuine – you are the kind of person who has a hunger to learn all about someone when you meet them. You ask questions and you genuinely have an interest in the answers.
- Hustle - You are passionate about meeting and exceeding targets every single day, and you understand that your output reflects on your success
- You’re the beating heart of every organisation you’ve been in. You thrive off meeting new people and growing your personal network (both online and offline).
- Provable growth mindset; keen to learn and grow in everything you do, every day.
- A loyal team player – we’re a tight team and don’t want a lone wolf, we want someone who treats everyone else with respect and isn’t afraid to muck in on any project.
- Positive – with you, the grass is always greener; the glass is half full. And if it all goes wrong you’re motivated to put it right.
- Ability to multi-task, and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving startup environment
- Tech-savvy with Word, Excel, or GSuite – comfortable picking up new tools on-the-fly
- Passion for the startups and the tech sector
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- You are passionate about the things you love. These may include hobbies, sports, social events, music…what gets you excited?
- Sales Development Representative (SDR) experience in a similar role strongly preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth tech startup would also be preferable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- We’re a remote-first company, so if you don’t need to be in the office then you can do the work required from anywhere in the world (Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing). Ideally, we would like you to come to London once a month to connect with the team.
- 28 days holiday (and we don’t really count)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: Gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about. In a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Hit apply or send us your CV (no cover letters please!)
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria, but that's not imperative for us - we're looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our fast-growing, dynamic business. If you think you might be able to succeed in this role, now or in the future, ping us your CV - we'd love to meet you.
Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***