We are looking for a Marketing Executive to join our fast-growing Brand-tech startup.
You’ll probably be a hyper organised, marketing all-rounder with a knack for making things happen. At your happiest taking ideas and coordinating worlds to execute them perfectly and deliver on time.
Check out our Co-Founder and CEO, Paul Archer, chat about the role.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Marketing Executive at Duel, you’ll be assisting in both the planning and execution of the Demand Generation strategy. We make marketing technology and believe that the best way to grow our business is with world-class content and value add experiences for our community of brand markers. People will buy our software because they believe that we are the best in the world at Brand Advocacy and because we have supported them in their journey as a brand builder through one of our events, round tables, podcasts, videos or newsletters. Last year we helped hundreds of brands adapt to the COVID Crisis, and intend to support thousands of brand builders in the coming years in their journey building purpose-led brands and communities of passionate advocates.
Your job is to be the glue that makes this all happen.
You will be ensuring every piece of content is orchestrated, then packaged and distributed to those who can benefit from it most; you’ll use your impeccable taste to give feedback so everything is delivered to your high standards; in other words, you’ll use your powers to effectively manage stakeholders and several projects simultaneously to deliver everything on time, often jumping in and getting your hands dirty... while doing it all with a cool head and a smile.
Within the role, you’ll use your skills to plan, execute and measure strategic marketing plans - working closely with the in-house team as well as creative and media agencies to produce campaign strategies, demand generation assets to support our growth.
- Assist in the executing and optimisation of Duel’s demand generation strategy; exploring all avenues to educate brands on Brand Advocacy Marketing and ultimately generate qualified leads for the Sales Team to enact upon
- Support on the development and implementation of high-quality tactical marketing activities which are on brand, timely and perform within a specific budget and ROI criteria
- Support in the creation of engaging and valuable content
- Analyse the success of marketing and demand generation efforts and highlight areas for improvement
- Building relationships with wider partners
- Contributing to Duel's inbound marketing strategy
- Researching relevant industry topics, doing market and competitor research
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Beauty Pie, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category and is on the journey to becoming a certified B Corp.
- Completely process-driven. You will optimise ruthlessly and A/B test your life (you’ve probably tested 5 different routes to work just to be sure you’ve got the right one)
- Incredibly organised and process-driven - you run your life with lists and spreadsheets. You run everybody around you and your life with lists and spreadsheets. If you could marry a list or a spreadsheet, you probably would.
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a high standard
- Have a fine eye for what people care about and what genuinely incredible marketing looks like
- Curious - you want to know as much about a topic as possible, you have a 'Hunger' to learn more about brand building and act as a sponge for knowledge.
- An excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our customers and the press want to talk about
- Digitally Savvy 0-
- Have strong opinions on what brands are great, and what makes them so great, and will fight to the death with anyone who disagrees.
- Have ambitious ideas of what more we should be doing and you’re ready to take full ownership of projects across owned and earned channels within the Demand Gen team
- Be a creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experienced working at a SaaS business would be preferable
- Experience planning and executing events preferable
- Some understanding of the following platforms: Hubspot, Google Analytics, Adwords, Google Keyword Planner desired
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices
- Interest in new product launches, ideally for innovative/disruptive products that create their own category
- Extensive knowledge of social media, digital
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- Full remote option - we’re a remote-first company, so if you don’t need to be in the office then you can do the work required from anywhere in the world (Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing). For those of us in the UK, we like to get together at least once a quarter IRL (often monthly per team) and will support travel and accommodation if required.
- 28 days holiday (and we don’t really count)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: Gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about. In a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.